Monthly Community Meeting
MICOP’s monthly community meetings are a great place to get involved and meet the MICOP staff and community members. Each meeting has a theme where we share information that is relevant to the indigenous community. We discuss immigration, driver’s licenses, health and education, among other topics. We also incorporate cultural events into the yearly meetings, including Día de los Niños, Día de las Madres, Día de los Muertos and End of the Year celebration. Food and diapers are distributed to the community at the meetings.
Volunteer opportunities include packing food bags and helping children with craft activities. We welcome your participation. To receive our latest email blasts with specific information on each meeting or if you have any questions regarding the monthly meetings, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our list.
Any questions regarding group or individual volunteering at our monthly meeting can be directed to Norma Gomez at (805) 483-1166 ext. 310 or by emailing Norma at email@example.com.
*Times and dates could change month-to-month. Call MICOP at (805) 483-1166 for any new updates or Norma Gomez at (805) 280-6509.
2020 Monthly Meeting Schedule
The monthly meetings for 2020 will take place between Haydock Intermediate School of Arts and Sciences at 647 Hill St, Oxnard, CA 93033 in south Oxnard (off of S. “G” St. and S. “C” St.) and Community Roots Garden at 1801 Joliet Pl, Oxnard, CA 93030 between 12:00pm-4:00pm.
- Saturday, January 25 – Haydock Intermediate School of Arts and Sciences
- Saturday, February 29 – Community Roots Garden from 9am-12pm*
- Saturday, March 28 – Community Roots Garden
- Saturday, April 25 – Location TBD, Day of the Children (Día de los Niños)
- Saturday, May 16 – Location TBD, Mother’s Day (Día de las Madres)
- Saturday, June 27 – Location TBD, Father’s Day
- July – No Monthly Meeting
- Friday, August 14 – MICOP Office – Back to School Backpack Drive
- Saturday, September 26 – Location TBD
- Saturday, October 24 – Location TBD
- Saturday, November 21 – Location TBD, Annual Health Fair (Feria de Salud)
- Saturday, December 5- Location TBD, End of Year Celebration (Fin de Año)
There are 6 monthly meeting’s in which MICOP holds cultural and special events. You are welcome to volunteer by dropping by at 11:30 am!