Application opened from April 14, 2021 - May 14, 2021
Established in 2012 the Tequio Scholarship Fund shares this commitment to serve our Indigenious community by inspiring and encouraging academic success providing scholarships to Indigenous Mexican students. Our scholarship recipients include high school (seniors), community college, and university students from Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. In the spirit of Tequio, we seek to support highly motivated students who share this commitment to serve our Indigenous community.
MICOP is offering two scholarship types:
- Tequio Scholarship - Indigenous Mexican students attending college or university
- MICOP Edison Scholarship - STEM students attending a 4 year university
- Please see eligibility criteria for both scholarships below.
Student Eligibility for the Tequio Scholarship Fund:
(Previous scholarship recipients are encouraged to apply)
- Open to students of Mexican Indigenous background.
- Reside in Ventura County or Santa Barbara County.
- Open to (2021) high school seniors, community college or university students (not restricted to traditional students or age groups).
- Enrolled or planning to enroll, Fall 2021 semester in college or university (part or full time is acceptable).
- Undocumented, AB540, DACA, and US citizens are eligible.
Student Eligibility for MICOP’s Edison Scholarship Fund:
(MUST meet the following requirements)
- Meet requirements for the Tequio Scholarship plus the following
- Be a STEM major in the following fields: computer and information systems, engineering, engineering technology, management information systems, mathematics, natural resources and conservation and physical sciences.
- Enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time at a four year university and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Applicants for this scholarship must be full time students)
For questions about the application and to submit online please visit our website mixteco.org.