We’re Hiring: Project Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Community Organizer
ANNUAL SALARY: $16.50/hr x 40hrs per week.
Application: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: July 30, 2016
Founded in 2001, Mixteco/Indigena Community Organizing Project (MICOP) aids, organizes and empowers Ventura County’s indigenous immigrant communities through improved access to health and community resources, community organizing and advocacy, education, direct assistance, cultural promotion, and Radio Indígena.
The Project Coordinator identifies and recruits; trains and mentors Clubes de Oriundos (Townhall Associations), to strengthen their organization and leadership capacity. S/he inspires and supports Clubes de Oriundos (Townhall Associations) leaders to design and submit a “community project-program plan” that proposes a positive impact in their community they served.
- Bringing experts together to help develop the 40 hours training curriculum.
- Identify, recruit and train 8 – 10 clubs/organizations.
- Documenting the method of selection of organizations.
- Recruit clubes to participate in leadership development training.
- Create collaborative partnerships and alliances with other agencies, organizations, and individuals focused on supporting clubes such as the Mexican Consulate in Oxnard.
- Build trust among local clubes and engage them through visits to the Mexican Consulate in Oxnard, parks, churches, community centers and homes.
- Support clubes to increase fundraising capacity by implementing their Community Project activities.
- Help identify venues for fundraising events.
- Mentoring clubes progress with their projects. i.e – development of their “Community Project-Program Plan.”
- Schedule and meet monthly with Clubes de Oriundos to actively engage in dialogue of best practices, and building collaborations/allies within the community they are serving.
- Create data collection forms and keep them organized.
- Keep updated database with the registration of beneficiaries by organization.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings of Clubes de Oriundos (Townhall Associations).
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent experience required.
- Commitment to MICOP’s mission.
- Must be able to inspire others to believe in a cause and to volunteer their time and effort to work towards it.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Must understand the political process and government structures.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings and have reliable transportation.
- Strong computer skills needed.
- Trilingual Mixteco-Spanish-English skills required.
LOCATION: MICOP central office