Oportunidad de Trabajo: Coordinador del Programa de Intérpretes de Lenguas Indígenas/ Job Opportunity: Indigenous Language Interpreter Program Coordinator
|Job Title||Indigenous Language Interpreter Program Coordinator|
|Reports to||Executive Director|
Organization Summary: The Mixteco/Indígena Community Organizing Project unites indigenous immigrant leaders and allies to aid and empower Ventura County’s indigenous Mexican community. We develop community leadership, advocate for greater access and equality, and improve educational and health outcomes.
Position Summary: The Interpreter Coordinator will join MICOP’s central office team as a valuable part of our efforts to promote linguistic access and justice for the indigenous community in Ventura County. This position will work closely with MICOP’s Executive and Associate Directors, and Policy and Communications Associate, to oversee MICOP’s Indigenous Language Interpreter program, deploying interpreters to local, regional and national agencies for on-site or telephonic interpretation, coordinating ongoing interpreter trainings for staff, provide interpretation services, facilitate Interpreters’ Language Network, provide cultural and linguistic competency trainings to contractors about MICOP’s Indigenous Language Interpreter Program and protocols and to promote and add new contracts to MICOP’s interpretation services program.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the Indigenous Language Interpreter Program, ensuring provision of quality interpretation to MICOP’s 70+ client agencies.
- Coordinate trainings for new and existing interpreters.
- Develop, file and organize new contracts via hard copy and digital format with new agencies; as well as renewals of any existing contracts (as needed; year-to-year)
- Represent MICOP in public when needed.
- Perform data entry for Interpreter Services provided.
- Provide interpreting & translation services (at least .4 FTE)
- Provide a language assessment and language match for interpreter coordination to assure quality provision of services
- Contribute insight, opinions and vision to the daily operations of the organization by participating in weekly leadership meetings.
- Assist in preparation for and execution of MICOP’s monthly community meeting
- Supervision and management of interpreters
- Data management and tracking for invoicing and reports
- Other duties as assigned by Executive and Associate Directors
- Fluency in Spanish, English & Mixteco. Excellent writing skills in Spanish and English languages.
- Commitment to MICOP mission of empowering the indigenous community of Ventura County.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps & Drive, Internet navigation, video and telephonic conferencing
- Proficiency in utilizing Remind Me App for communication via text and images, PDFs
- Ability to assume a variety of tasks in a flexible, positive, and supportive manner
Location: MICOP office with occasional travel to program sites
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Compensation: $20.00/hour, 40 hours/week, some nights and weekends
Benefits after 90 day introductory period: 10 holidays, 5 days PTO (year 1), medical and dental insurance
Deadline to apply: Sunday, June 9, 2019