Job Opportunity: Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
JOB TITLE: Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
ANNUAL SALARY: 20 hours/week @ $15/hour STATUS: non-exempt
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by April 1, 2019
Founded in 2001, Mixteco/Indigena Community Organizing Project (MICOP) aids, organizes and empowers Ventura County’s indigenous immigrant communities through improved access to health and community resources, community organizing and advocacy, education, direct assistance, cultural promotion, and Radio Indígena.
The Reception and Administrative Assistant is responsible for greeting and assisting clients in a friendly and professional manner, and providing administrative and clerical support for MICOP’s 19 programs and administrative staff.
- Answering phones, transferring calls to appropriate staff and taking detailed messages
- Greeting clients when they arrive and alerting appropriate staff to receive clients
- Interacting directly with clients in a courteous, respectful manner
- Working with clients to set up appointments with school districts, Mexican consulate and Oxnard police department as needed.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to staff
- Maintain clean and welcoming office spaces
- Entering information in MICOP’s database
- Tracking data in database and creating reports as needed
- Preparing for and assisting at monthly food distribution and diaper distribution
- Provide language interpretation as needed
- Other requests related to the above responsibilities as needed
- Passion and commitment to attaining MICOP’s mission
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Prompt and reliable
- Trilingual in English, Spanish and Mixteco language
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills – MS Office
- Ability to use various database programs
- High level of accuracy in all data entry
- Proficiency with English and Spanish writing skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
MICOP office, 520 W. 5th St., Suite B, Oxnard, CA 93030